Monday, December 15, 2008

Owen had a fever. No sleeping issues. NO eating issues. Just a fever. Then the crankiness came. My husband has never had an ear infection so not only does he not know they pain they cause, but he knows nothing about spotting them or any of that stuff.

I told him to let me know if O goes to his ear and which one it was. He pointed it out twice. I saw it a few times.. its like brushing off an itch - it was quick and not very often. If I had to wage a bet on why he was sick, I'd have said an infection in his right ear.

Mom's intuition was right again... He was in perfect health except for his 1-sided ear infection. So they gave him Amoxi and we follow-up in 2 weeks.

I was happy it was just an ear infection and nothing contagious. And he should be feeling better in 2 days - yay!

N.B. (which means "note bene" or "note well" in case you didn't know where that came from):
This is Sick visit #4 for teh Edwards kids. Cole is 4-1/2. Hunter is 2-1/2. Owen is10 months and between all of them, I have only had 4 (including today) sick visits for all of them combined. In general, I have some healthy kids. Must be those "strong as bull" German genes!

0 comments: