Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Owen has a raging double ear infection again. Lots of pus (eww) and she even used an otoscope with a bulb on a tube to blow air into his ear and check for movement and there wasn't any. So Owen got a painful shot (yes a shot, it goes so slow and hurts and from what I hear REALLY expensive) of Rocephin. He goes back tomorrow at 4 for another shot and look in his ear. And again on Friday (she thinks he will likely need all 3 shots) at 4 for his final shot. I asked about the ENT and she said that after this gets taken care of, they'll refer me over. I dunno why they wait but as long as my baby don't hurt....

Hunter, I brought along because he said his head hurt and said his right ear hurt a few times. Today of course he said he felt fine and nothing hurt. Well, I brought him anyway. Yup! A double ear infection (3 in a row for him and 4 in a row for Owen if you are keeping score)! So, he's on Omnicef for 10 days.

So, Cole still has 2 days left of his Amoxi pills (1 pill 2 times a day), Hunter takes 1 teaspoon of Omnicef 1 time a day for 9 more days, and Own has 2 more days of shots. Phew! I hope they feel good enough to enjoy this weekend... Sunday is supposed to be just about 80 degrees (keep in mind this morning when I checked the weather before getting the kids dressed it was a a balmy 17 degrees!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did the appointments go today (or rather on friday)??