Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ok - so once in awhile something like this will sleep in.
Sorry.

So, I was looking at FaceBook which is one of my guilty pleasures.

Anyway, looking at friends* pictures I see group shots. While people who wouldn't have given me the time of day back then, I now chat with online. People whom I shared a mutual dislike for, now seem more appealing and we get along well (again online).

So while the "walls" are broken down through all this time, the cliques are still there. It's sad for me to see everyone posting pictures hanging out with friends that they've had for years. Last picture of me & a friend I have is from back in high school.

I am jealous of the people who maintained those relationships. I guess they had more to offer then I did. I am jealous of their social life whereas mine consists of playing board games with my husband after the kids go to bed (while I totally love and value this time, getting out with him and some friends would be a nice change of pace).

So that's my pity-party vent. Thanks for reading (if ya did).

* the term friends is used loosely. Basically it means people i went to school with for years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to take pictures of us together this weekend!
I'll post it as soon as i get home..=

Copley's Angel said...

I have the same feelings when I visit Facebook and I hate it!