Monday, December 22, 2008

OK... Maybe it's because they aren't out of bed yet and there is still peace in the house but... I am proud of my kiddos.

I sent a message to a friend whose phone lost a tooth. I didn't even think he was old enough for that and he isn't much older then Cole. That made me think...

Cole. He's 4-1/2 years old.

He taught himself to read. He can read the chapter books but kinda gets bored but he can read them. He can read just about anything even words you think would be too tough.

If that weren't enough, apparently the kid can spell too! Yesterday he wanted to add something to his Santa List (a black & white marble notebook like the ones we grew up using in school). I helped him spell it (I don't remember what it was right now). I had to run to the store and pickup Tom's prescription (right around the corner and it's a drive-thru so it was quick). I get home and saw another page in his book.

"Marro Supr Sggs"

OK... so he was a bit off but I knew exactly what it was! Mario Super Sluggers. I think he didn't really try for the last word but man! He's 4-1/2 and can spell? And this came as a surprise to me? We already have to spell fast in front of him or he can figure it out... in his head!

I should also add... he can add! Yup, my kid id teaching himself how to add and subtract.

Talk about a geekling... I guess what else could the spawn of me & Tommy be BUT a geek?! :)

Hunter. 2-1/2 years old.

1st off, this kid is more charismatic then you can imagine. It's everyone he sees. It's an amazing thing to watch but his smile.. OMG do i melt every time I see that Hunter smile with those little teeth and that little gap and the eyes that scrunch up. And his bear hugs.. seriously it's one of the best hugs ever!

OK... Now... Hunter ain't no fool either. He, I think, is also at the VERY beginning stages of reading. He can do some sight words already and he knows the kids names in his class (from seeing their names by their coats and associating it with them). Example: I made a list for his Halloween party so I knew what names had to go on the buckets.I wrote in script and kinda messy. It was upside down to him. He was like, "Abby, Ariane, Mina, Evan, Braxton, Hunter" I was floored. I spoke to the teachers and they hadn't tried to teach them other kids names. That was totally him. He's done stuff like that a few times. You can just see the gears going on his head.

I cant think off-hand anymore of what he does but yeah... another smart kid. Oh yeah, he potty-trained himself before the age of 2... pretty good for a boy!

Owen. 10 months.

Hard to compare but he does some cool things.

He is up to 9-steps. He probably would been walking already if it wasn't for a raging ear infection he had. It made him feel like crap and well, ear infections lead to balance issues so.... another early walker.

Owen basically said good-bye to baby food. He doesn't like most baby food... he wants real deal stuff and would rather feed himself.

Owen is also a charasmatic little fella. He loves people and his smile is too precious. He smiles and then scrunches up his nose which makes him over-the-top cute! And to top-THAT-off, when he's exited that smile comes with a snorty noise.

It's hard to tell Owen's intelligence but motor skill-wise, he blows the other 2 out of the water.... while they were advanced.. he's just that much more. I thin Owen's gonna be the one we gotta watch out for... and they say IQ drops subsequently with each kid. HA! We laugh at that statement (especially since i am the baby in the family!).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got some pretty smart kiddos there!!!
I'm totally amazed!
=)