Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tom knows best.. I hate people.

I honestly think most people are morons not in a stupidity sense but just in a general sense. Not all people have manners. Not all look out for little kids in stores when they push their carts. Not all people know how to drive. I can go on and on (you sooo don't want me to).

So I am team captain of a team for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light The Night walk.
I sent a letter to A LOT of people.

I know not everyone has extra money but a few dollars isn't much to ask. So far out of the 200+ e-mails I sent, less then 20 donated money.

If you sent an e-mail back and said, "hey I got no money." or "hey I wish him the best." At least you care enough to respond instead of hitting delete.

The way I see it, if somebody is doing something good and asks for money, in a heartbeat I give. We don't have much extra money with 3 kids and me being a stay at home mom... but I always find money to donate. This is teh 1st time I have ever asked for donations from anyone and its very sad to know that people simply don't care enough to part with 5 bucks.

I knew I was a sensitive person. i always looked at it in a negative way. But as I se the lack of response, I realize, I am the bigger person in that I DO care. I do unto others and I wish they'd do unto me. I've donated to various Walk for Life's for my friends. I can never turn down a charity pertaining to a child or a helpless animal.

I guess I am not like other people... i kind of wish more people were like me though. I just want to raise money for a great cause. I want to hit my goal and exceed it. I made a high goal for a single person but I dream I can reach it... I just hope it isnt just that... a dream.

0 comments: